Carl Collins, Digital Engineering Consultant, CIBSE
LightBytes Masterclass, Dublin
The second LightBytes event of the brand new, peer-reviewed SLL Lighting Knowledge Series will take place in at the Teeling Whiskey Distillery in Dublin on 30 November 2017. In a reworking of the previous Masterclasses, the Society invites participants to a day of peer-reviewed, bite-size presentations focusing on the key factors relating to the following topics — design, specify, build and future.
This year’s speakers are Nick van Tromp and Les Thomas from Fagerhult, Helen Loomes from Trilux, Roger Sexton from Xicato, and Steve Shackleton from Zumtobel.
The guest speaker for this series is BIM and Digital Expert Carl Collins. Carl has over 30 years experience working within engineering environments, including Arup’s unified design group and Arup Associates.
Commenting on the new series, SLL President Richard Caple said: “The new format, designed around the PechaKucha style of delivery, is designed to keep the day energised and fast-paced while still delivering and disseminating important information.”
Some of the points that the speakers will address include:—
- A need to refocus on lighting quality as the number one priority
- Current standards and metrics in relation to LED light sources
- Maintenance factors – considering LED life and degradation
- Lighting controls and the pros and cons of integrated wireless Vs wired systems
- Sign off and commissioning – confirming that the lighting performs as intended
- The potential of predictive maintenance with smart lighting
- The future of lighting controls and how to best utilize the data being gathered
- The potential for lighting to become a managed service, looking at turnkey solutions and where the design responsibility lies
To conclude each of the topics, Carl Collins will then provide perspective on the role of BIM and digital engineering within lighting. Carl will consider aspects such as the exchange between modelling and calculation software, daylight analysis, product data templates, virtual experience before construction, single model shared ownership and blockchain ordering amongst other topics. Click here to learn more.
All of the presentations are brand new and peer-reviewed, providing the opportunity to add 4.5 hours to participants CPD. Members of the Society can attend at the discounted rate of £49.95 with the standard ticket price at £69.95. Students can also apply for the reduced rate of £29.99 by emailing email@example.com