With the WELL Performance Rating, the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI) has answered the call for a solution tailored to the needs of building owners and operators concerned about how their spaces perform and the implications for health. The WELL Performance Rating takes real data captured through sensor technology or onsite tests, and turns it into actionable intelligence to inform building design, operations and business decision-making.
Ethos Engineering is the first in the world to achieve the WELL Performance Rating at its Dublin headquarters in Sandyford. The WELL Performance Rating targets 33 measurable, performance-based strategies from the WELL Building Standard across core focus areas that include:
• Indoor Air Quality and Thermal Conditions: Minimise risks associated with airborne contaminants and support
individual thermal comfort preferences;
• Water Quality Management: Enhance filtration and reduce water contaminants to encourage safer hydration;
• Light Measurements: Optimise lighting environments for visual acuity and to minimise disruptions to natural circadian rhythms, helping to improve sleep, productivity and focus;
• Acoustic Performance: Limit background noise and distractions to support employee productivity and engagement;
• Environmental Monitoring: Determine how a building is performing in real time by analysing sensor or onsite testing data;
• Occupant Experience: Collect feedback on how people experience a space.
See pdf of full article at Ethos WELL Performance Rating